At Wings of an Angel horse transport we provide you with peace of mind knowing your horses are moved with care and attention to detail. We provide references and additional transport information to make this as painless as possible.
- Highest quality service at the most competitive prices in the industry.
- Safety is our primary concern.
- Promptly respond to your inquiries.
- Constantly monitor the health and condition of your horse(s).
- Rest, feed and water your horse(s) in route on a regular basis.
- Call you in route with updates.
- Most importantly we will treat your horse(s) as if they were our own.
I want to thank Dan for his excellent service transporting my horse from Washington to Montana. Dan far exceeded my expectations with his quick responses to my emails and phone calls. My horse arrived quickly and in great shape. Thanks so much and we would recommend you to anyone looking to safely transport their horse.Lisa Cetrone ~ Billings
I used Wings of An Angel Transport to haul my 3 ponies from Washington to Colorado and they did a great job. The ponies arrived in excellent condition, and well hydrated. Dan kept in excellent contact with me, before, durning, and after the trip. He really cares about his clients and thier animals. Thank you Wings of An Angel Transport!Nicole Bell ~ Crestone Farm ~ www.crestonefarm.com
I would again like to thank you for a wonderful at transporting my two horses. You were in contact to let me know how the horses were doing and when you were stopping and when you were on the road again.
Very professional and kind to the horses.
Dan, I would again like to thank you for a wonderful experience at transporting my two horses. You were in contact to let me know how the horses were doing and when you were stopping and when you were on the road again. Very professional and kind to the horses.Beverly
Hi Kim and Dan, Just wanted to say thank you for the efficient and professional way you handled the transport of my two ponies. They arrived safe and sound, after a long trip. Thanks for taking such good care of my precious cargo.Lisa McNeilly
I can’t thank you enough for the wonderful care that you gave my new horse, LeSant, but I also want to thank you for the understanding and patience that you had with both me and him. I’m not sure if you understand how difficult it was for me to “hire” someone that I did not know to transport my new horse from Castle Rock, Colorado to Coeur d’alene, Idaho.Lisa
Horse Transport Information
Required Documentation when horse(s) is picked up: (original copies of)
- Health Certificate generally good for 30 days
- Negative Coggins (EIA) test, varies by state, generally valid for 6-12 months
- Brand Inspection, if applicable by the state the horse is departing from.
- Recommended Documentation: A copy of immunization records is welcome, as many of the best layovers ask for these for everyone’s protection. Ask your vet for recommended vaccinations prior to shipping horses, at least two weeks in advance of pickup.
Right to Refuse Pickup:
Wings of An Angel Transport has the right to refuse pickup if the horse is obviously sick or uncontrollable. We have many years experience successfully loading horses. Disclosure of the temperament of the horse is expected by the shipper before a contract is accepted. Failure to do so may result in refusing your horse(s) transportation at pickup and will result in the loss of the deposit and/or balance.
Please send with your horse:
- A good quality nylon halter with a rope type of lead and snap clip.
- Enough feed/ hay/ any special grain for duration of trip. Hay must be in bales that we can carry on our trailer, we cannot carry rounds or more than 100# bales if not broken up. We carry good quality grass or mix hay at all times that is available for an additional charge.
- Required Documentation noted above.
- A “Fly Mask” is recommended to protect eyes from bedding that may be disturbed by ventilation.
- Specific written instructions if your horse has any special needs or concerns. Special feed instructions would be examples, or if the horse has difficulty backing and needs to turn around to off load, has vision problems or anything we need to know to make your horse’s trip more comfortable.
Pick Up and Delivery Date:
Shipper recognizes and acknowledges that circumstances inherent in road travel may arise (including but not limited to weather, highway hazards, and welfare considerations of all horses in transit) that would preclude arrival of transport accommodations at a precise date and hour; however, both parties agree to utilize utmost diligence in adherence to said scheduled pickup date and to cooperate in subsequent delivery with communications given at regular intervals.
If your horse is used to shipping boots we will monitor how the horse does traveling and remove them if they are a problem. Many horses are not comfortable wearing wraps over a long trip and spend more of their time trying to remove them, potentially injuring themselves. Our dividers prevent injury from kicking of other horses and few horses injure themselves in slant stalls. Professionally applied standing wraps are acceptable, and will only be removed on the trip if they become a problem. Wraps should be applied by skilled people for protection; damage can be done to horse’s legs with incorrect applications.
We will put on and take off blankets as weather dictates for your horse, if you wish. Please send in a bag or provide a bag to put the blanket in if removal is necessary marked with your name and have tags on the blankets, we often have multiple horses that will have the same exact blanket and color. There is no charge for blanketing horses.